Career and Technical Education programs in the Utah System of Higher Education prepare students for employment.
- CTE Pathways at the post-secondary level can prepare you for job entry or promotion, or can lay the foundation for advanced education and training.
- High school CTE programs are closely coordinated with higher education to minimize duplication of courses while assuring that students have the skills to succeed.
- CTE offers short term applied technology training, a certificate program, associate degree, a four-year bachelor degree, or a graduate degree.
- Heighten awareness of concurrent enrollment options (typically college courses taught on high school campuses – see an example).
- Promote articulation agreements to define the high school courses that willbe accepted toward completion of college certificate or degree programs.
- Bring attention to lesser known post-secondary programs that offer great options for training and employment.